Saturday, February 2, 2013

Success #22: Brad Radke (again)


I wish Brad Radke was still pitching for the Twins. Maybe not Brad Radke himself. The poor guy's arm would have fallen off by now. But someone like Radke. Someone with the experience. And the class. And the determination. And the loyalty. I think the young guys in our rotation could learn a thing or two from Radke. There aren't too many pitchers left like Brad Radke. He's one of the good ones.

A year ago, when I mailed Radke an 8x10, I took a chance on his address. I found a house online that was owned by Heather Radke, newly constructed in Florida. There were a few addresses that collectors online had tried and not had good success with. I didn't want to waste a baseball on a risky address so I sent an 8x10 to the newly built home in Heather Radke's name. Of course I got it back, and wished I had sent a baseball!

But I felt guilty about that. I should have appreciated the awesome 8x10. And I did. So despite my desire to send a baseball to the address I now knew was legit, I did not. But by the end of last summer, as baseballs kept rolling in, I could not have not having a Brad Radke baseball. But when I looked up the address I had used before, I found their house to be for sale! I took another chance and sent one anyway, but was not very hopeful.

However, 9 days later, I got my Brad Radke baseball in the mail! I think I can leave him alone now.

Mailed: 6/13/12
Received: 6/22/12 (9 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment