Monday, January 30, 2012

My First Attempt(s)

Just when I decided my efforts would be strictly focused on getting autographs through the mail of Minnesota Twins greats, the New England Patriots beat the Denver Broncos in the AFC Divisional Round of the 2012 Playoffs. I just couldn't help myself.


I've heard that Tom Brady is impossible to get but my research has shown that some luck has been had through the mail with Rob Gronkowski and Wes Welker. So on 1/17/12, I sent them off a few 8x10s. I bought a pack of 9x12 envelopes and wrote my name as the mailing address. I paid for enough return postage, folded it in half, and stuck it inside another 9x12 envelope with a blue Sharpie and the player photos. My goal was to make it as easy as possible in case it does find the guys.

On the same day that I mailed out the photos c/o New England Patriots (1/17/12), I sent out my first Minnesota Twins fan mail. I mailed a baseball to one of my favorite pitchers from the 1990s, Kevin Tapani. I will describe how I mailed the baseball in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment