Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Next Steps

On Monday, 1/30/12, I mailed Bert Blyleven a request (home address, Fort Myers?). Bert does not sign through the mail for free, but with a donation to the Parkinson's Foundation, he will sign anything. Cards, photos, baseballs, Homer Hankies. At least it's for a good cause. And at least he's willing to sign. He's even willing to personalize and inscribe, for a little more. Some Twins fans feel that Bert has become "stuck up" since his Hall of Fame induction. Personally, I think it was long overdue and as long as the money he's taking from autographs is going to a good cause, I guess I don't have a huge problem with it. His solo station at TwinsFest was $35 alone!

Today, Tuesday, 1/31/12, I mailed out 5 packages to Joe Benson (Spring Training), Greg Gagne (home address), Gene Larkin (home address), Jim Perry (home address), and Frank Viola (home address). My research shows that Viola requests a $5 signing fee for anything through the mail, which some people find annoying, but I find encouraging. My goal is to get their autograph. At least he's willing to do it!

That brings my current total to 11 attempts and already, just two weeks in, 1 success. I'll probably look to send another batch out early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment